OUR CORE VALUES:
A SHORT HISTORY OF BETHESDA CHURCH
Bethesda Church was born as an offshoot of Elim Chapel (in Winnipeg). A number of Christian men and women felt the time had come to establish a new inter-denominational work. The first service was Sunday, July 16, 1944, and met in the Bible Institute Building, at the corner of Westminister and Furby. Later that year the congregation moved into a more permanent location at the corner of Alverstone and Burnell Streets. This new family of Christians eagerly served the Lord and stressed prayer, a strong Bible teaching ministry, music, and an active missionary program. The present building of Bethesda Church was dedicated January 14, 1962. Although the methodology of "doing church" is constantly being reevaluated, Bethesda remains true to this day to its founding values.